Friday, January 27, 2012

I am Zardari

I am corrupt and was quarantined in jail for a decade so that this nation of 180 million people can be protected from the deadly virus of corruption. But then there was a twist in the story. The custodians of your national security were forced to compromise in your best interest. I was send abroad with international assurances that this nation of pious people will never ever face a day again when they have to bare a devil like me in their heaven. But life is cruel and funny; here I am again, your beloved president.

Let me confess, it’s my presence that create a strange itching in your souls, you start behaving opposite to your nature. Suddenly, you realize that paying taxes honestly is a crime, and stealing what so ever national resources we got is your birthright. If, you are a government servant, at first you start becoming lazy, then out of pure empathy you start accepting small gifts, but the itching keeps on growing and reaches at a point you feel taking bribe is the path of those on whom God blessing is promised. If you are a businessman, you start holding your stocks, stop paying your taxes and start sending your profits in the foreign banks, where they remain safe and healthy. If you are teacher you stop going on your job, if you are a student you feel compelled to use all the ways and means to cheat the system. If you are a solider, it not only effect your morale, but you realize that my presence distract your focus from national security to counting days when your plot will be ready in a defense housing scheme. If you are a preacher, you stop spreading harmony and peace you used to communicate on every Friday and start sowing the seeds of hatred against your brothers in faith. Every thing changes with my stinking presence and you could not believe that it’s happening with you.

It will be highly unfair with you, if I miss the opportunity to recall the golden era when my name was nowhere on the socio political canvas of this country. The justice was available on your doorsteps, all were equal before law, people used to came from other countries to work for you, prosperity was reflected from every face, and those who visited your country at that time, wrote stories about your hospitality and manners.

Every night I wonder, why you are baring me, perhaps you feel guilty that your beloved leader was martyred in bright day light and you could not protect her, or you have the tradition of abiding the constitution and thus waiting for the time when my immunity will be over and you could bring me to the justice, or perhaps your democratic back ground hinders your desire to throw me out from the presidential palace. No, they all can be factors but not as compelling to stop you from doing what is right and just. There must be some other reason, sure it pops in my mind but then fade away…. let me concentrate..yes this could be the only reason…..yes you all are Zardaries

1 comment:

ideal said...

Sir, very good piece of writhing. No doubt, everyone should play his/her own role honestly and with devotion.